February 14, 2018 - by Vince Arone
PinPoint GPS Solutions is a leading provider of GPS fleet tracking and mobile workforce management. With more than 10 years in telecommunications management, we understand the technology requirements to help businesses achieve objectives and get to the next level. We have clients, big and small, across Canada and the United States. We serve various key industries including: construction and trades, logistics, waste management, landscape and snow removal and energy.
Working with our most advanced plug-and-play products and end-to-end vehicle tracking systems on the market, your business can benefit from the following:
- Increase return on fleet investments
- Reduce fleet labour and fuel costs
- Increase productivity
- Improve customer service
- Reduction in business risk
- Increase employee appreciation
Not only does our products and services help companies increase their return on investment through fleet measurements. Our system is made easy with our customizable reports, tracking programs and array of professional services tailored to our Customers needs.
PinPoint is also undertaking a business development project to review Electric Vehicle technology as well as Smart City applications as related to Utility based clients. This is an exciting area of review that will enable PinPoint to engage in some unique opportunities.
Title – Market Research Analyst (8-12-month Coop or Internship term – Enrolled in 3rd, 4th or MBA year)
Main Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct Market Research for specific product offering; assessing addressable market base in Telematics, EV and Smart City programs.
- Monitor and forecast marketing and sales trends that can be developed into business plans with an estimated ROI.
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing programs and strategies by interfacing with individuals from various departments for effective project progress/completion.
- Gather data on consumers, competitors, and market conditions, explore RFI’s RFQ’s and RFP’s for eligibility.
- Analyze data using statistical software and prepare SWOT analysis
- Convert complex data and findings into understandable tables, graphs, and written reports (financial modelling).
- Prepare reports and present results to clients and management in PowerPoint presentations.
- Research potential Government Grants for projects, staff or other related programs.
- Explore & Drive Adhoc Requests presented by Management Team.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Engineering Discipline (Mechanical, Electrical Environmental), Technical Marketing/Writer, Computer Management, Renewal Energy Management, MBA Candidates
- Someone with a general interest in Technology including Electrical Vehicles, Charging Stations, Telematics, Fleet Tracking
- Previous experience in high tech, wireless, or start-ups
- Analytical thinker who is creative & dynamic
- Strong Excel & PowerPoint skills
- Excellent Written Communication for professional briefs and proposals for internal and external review
- Good Presentation Skills
- Business Acumen
- Start-up mentality, someone who always finds a way to “get things done”
Please contact our HR if you’re interested in the job!