The General Accountant and is responsible for contributing to the development of the accounting and finance department. The Accountant will work closely with all Stakeholders within the organization as well as vendors and customers.
- Reconciling bank, clearing and investment accounts
- Posts customer payments by recording payments
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, customer service departments, and from customers;
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Ensures the accuracy of invoices, expense claims, purchase orders and cheques requests
- Verifies that invoices have appropriate approvals and that required supporting documentation is attached.
- Prepares and prints cheques and attaches required supporting documentation and forward to appropriate signing officers.
- Responsible for the quick collection of Accounts Receivable and swift payment of vendors
- Handles all general queries from suppliers and customers regarding outstanding payables/receivables and follows up within 24 hours of request.
Month End/Year End:
- Assist with monthly financial reports to executive team including preparation of schedules for monthly financial package
- Prepare annual financial information binder to be provided to the external auditors
- Assist with quarterly operating reports
- Track expenses and revenues vs. budget and re-forecast; Analyze fluctuations and provide feedback and recommendations to management team.
- Coordinate financials questions/answers among all departments as they relate to the financial health of PinPoint
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; studying proposed changes in methods and materials.
- Evaluate profit and cost efficiencies in various areas of the organization as needed
- Perform reconciliations of accounts; recognizing variances and providing feedback to management team
- Minimum 3-4 years previous accounting experience
- Accounting Diploma/University Degree
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Access Database is considered as asset
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (ie: Macros, Pivot tables, conditional formatting, formulas etc.)
- Experience with an ERP system would be an asset
- Strong team work and multitasking skills
- Strong attention to detail while working in a fast-paced environment with ability to meet deadlines
- Strong time management and organization skills
Please contact our HR if you’re interested in the job!