- Adhere to posted speed limits and other signage on the road.
- Speed limits change in construction zones for a reason. Make sure you follow posted signage and exercise caution in construction zones.
- Avoid distractions while driving.
- Only use your cell phone when parked, pre-set climate control and plan your route with a GPS before departing. Eliminating distractions will help you stay focused on the road.
- Plan ahead to avoid delays.
- Give yourself extra time for your commute. Know where construction zones and other delays are beforehand so they’re not unexpected and cause a delay.
- Treat construction zones as if they were your own workplace.
Construction zones are road builders’ workplace. Show respect for the workers by treating it as if it were your own workplace.