Welcome to PinPoint’s Fleet Tracking Blog!
This is the place to find out about PinPoint’s latest and greatest products, services, activities and learn about the advance in the fleet tracking industry itself! As much as we LOVE to hear ourselves speak we would much rather hear from you, so leave us your thoughts and feedback so we can get a better idea about what you think and want to know more about.
August 14, 2013 - by varone
PINPOINT JOURNAL BY VINCE ARONE
CASE STUDY: Safety and Improved Customer Support
INDUSTRY: Utility Services Contractor
Problem: This organization was looking at Fleet tracking for some time to provide “visibility” of its high value fleet as well as being able to provide current updates to customers and supervisors of its staff. The client wanted better understanding of its fleets operation and looked to better meet its customers SLA (Service level agreement)
- PinPoint GPS devices were installed in nearly 100 fleet vehicles;
- Minute by minute location was available to dispatch and service managers- safety of the drivers and heavy equipment was known at all time
- The client was able to quickly defend a drivers arrival and departure and satisfy an urgent request
- Fleet utilization reports were able to determine which vehicles were used most in a given month and better plan for subsequent routing
- Daily Start and End times were easily provided to supervisors for effective record keeping
Results: Clear visibility of all its drivers; supervisors are able to ensure all drivers return safely from each job
About the Author: Vince Arone
Vince, one of the founders of PinPoint, is a Professional Engineer of Ontario with MBA from Schulich School of Business at York U. Vince has over 15 years of sales and management experience in multi-national telecommunication companies such as Ericsson, Siemens and Lucent. He also spent the last 5 years working within the Telematics industry.