Welcome to PinPoint’s Fleet Tracking Blog!
This is the place to find out about PinPoint’s latest and greatest products, services, activities and learn about the advance in the fleet tracking industry itself! As much as we LOVE to hear ourselves speak we would much rather hear from you, so leave us your thoughts and feedback so we can get a better idea about what you think and want to know more about.
September 4, 2013 - by PinPoint
PinPoint Journal By Tim Vezina
CASE STUDY: Arrival and Departure Times at customer location
INDUSTRY: Supermarket Floor Maintenance
Summary and Problem: The organization has 35 trucks that service a large Supermarket Chain for Floor Maintenance. The contract was requesting reports for arrival times and departure times of the technicians on a monthly basis for each store. To meet this requirement the client installed PinPoint’s G06 Plug and Play solution, and incorporated the utilization of Geofencing of each location. Reports are generated on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to present – Arrival Times, Departure Times, and total time spent at each location.
In addition to this the Service Company has been able to implements many other features to generate significant Return:
- Reduction in engine idling across the fleet
- Real time location of vehicles provided ability to dispatch the closest technician for emergency service calls
- The ability to measure that each store had been serviced during the applicable time period, minimizing missed service dates.
- Employee performance measurements on length of service calls, routes travelled to minimize kilometres, and driver behaviour metrics on speeding, and rough vehicle usage.
Result: Secured an additional term with supermarket chain with presentation of reports from PinPoints system, and generated significantly more internal visibility to day to day fleet operations. Thus generating more management information to make accurate on the fly critical decisions.
About the Author: Tim Vezina
Tim Vezina has over 15 years’ experience in introducing GPS telematics to help grow small business. He helped bring AVL to Canada in the late 90’s, and has grown with the evolution of the technology. His passion for telematics, has given him with the ability to easily demonstrate how the collection of fleet field data will achieve huge payback. Tim has helped more than 300 companies understand how GPS telematics continues to work from day one of installation. Tim continues to manage more than 150 customers on a day to day basis.
August 27, 2013 - by PinPoint
THE PINPOINT JOURNAL BY Aaron Levy
CASE STUDY: Accountability and Timecards
Problem: This organization was looking at fleet tracking to better understand time sheets and where there vehicles were as they were dispersed all over the province. They also wanted to see how many km’s were being used for weekend driving and put in place new policies to help reduce fuel costs and increase driver safety.
• PinPoint GPS devices were installed in 40+ vehicles
• Rules were set up to inform drivers in vehicle of speeding infractions based on driving in excess of 120/km/h – in-vehicle audible alert driver to decrease speed
• Rules were set up to inform management of weekend driving km’s
• Policies were put in place to adhere to set rules regarding speed and weekend driving
• Daily timesheet reports were sent up and set to accounting and management to ensure timesheet compliance
Results: Client achieved 3 positive results: 1) Speeding over 120km/h decreased 50% over 3 months, 2) weekend driving km’s reduced to only employees who worked weekends eliminating personal driving on weekends and 3) timesheet reports help to eliminate lost paper or ineligible writing
About the Author: Aaron Levy
August 19, 2013 - by PinPoint
PINPOINT JOURNAL BY Nicole Winstanley
CASE STUDY: Integration to Dispatch
Problem: This organization currently had a Fleet tracking solution, but had decided it wanted to revamp it’s IT systems and integrate GPS into a new dispatch system. PinPoints GO6 Plug and Play GPS Tracking provides an open integration interface and allowed the customer to connect the two systems with basic integration expertise.
- PinPoint GPS devices were installed in 20 fleet vehicles
- Minute by minute location was available to dispatch and service managers, and the two systems worked in unison
- Client was able to quickly assess driver locations, assign technicians, and provide customers with more accurate information
- Reporting of driver activities was simplified so that managers could easily identify and make the necessary adjustments
Result: The Customer was happy that the new GPS system provided an enhanced feature set, and integrated seamlessly into their new Dispatch System.
About The Author: Nicole Winstanley
Nicole is a BBA graduate from St. Francis Xavier University. She spent 13 years in the Telecommunications Industry in both Alberta and Ontario, working for national and multinational companies such as Bell Canada and Ericsson. She joined PinPoint 3 years ago in the role of Manager, Customer Satisfaction and Retention.